Jailcell Recipes

Always one of my fave drawings for the band.



Being a local to me band & basically one of the "House" bands in the infamous Planet X in Liverpool I got to see these guys a fair amount of times. Not as many as a lot more of my old "friends" but I lost count let's put it that way! Robbie the lead singer is a year below me in school and as there was only 3 of us who were still listening to punk in our school we obviously knew each other! I was listening to more stuff as well & wasn't really exclusive to punk rock! 

Later on in years I would become great friends with my still best mate Piggy who was living in Poulton Road with Robbie, Sanjiv, Middie (Drummer in Skitvarld my old band) which as you may or may not know was the name of the Ep they released POULTON ROAD (Which reminds me I forgot to add the worn down 7 inch in this zip never mind you have both albums & the Poulton Road sessions in it........ forget that it's at the end of the Poulton Road sessions) you can see a lot of the crew from that time of life in a picture on the Poulton Road ep whch also includes the mysterious Sanjiv who was the original vocalist in Carcass (Only thing is he's not mysterious at all!!!) I'm not in the picture why.... well I was one of the few people who had a job at the time & I wasn't around that day haha! 


I was briefly in a band with Jamie the guitarist who was playing drums in a band that would have been called MOSCHOPS which also included Whitey the drummer from Electro Hippies who was playing guitar!!! That sadly only lasted one praccy I can't recall why we never practised again other than the Libido Boyz was using JCR equipment for a European tour & it just fell away! I have a recording of that practice though. 

Anyway enough of my stories of days of yonder so have the zip. I've done it in one file so sorry bit easier & quicker before I get bored/no time of blogging again!! 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts